Thursday, March 3, 2011

Swimming with the fishies

Jarrod and I recently went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay and had a fantastic time. We had fun taking pictures with our underwater camera and got some really great shots this time. Unfortunately, the camera battery died just before a sea turtle went swimming past us! As we were swimming with our turtle friend, we happened upon a huge blue and yellow eel with his mouth open and teeth pointed at us; it would've been an awesome picture. I guess I learned my lesson about making sure the camera battery is fully charged before all excursions! Nevertheless, we still managed to take over 200 pictures. Here are a couple of my favorites:

A humuhumunukunukuapua'a, Hawaii's state fish:

A pencil urchin, my all-time favorite picture with the underwater camera (taken by Jarrod, of course):

Bright pink coral:

No comments:

Post a Comment